Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trade me for a 69 Chevelle!!? I know this is hard with no pics, but both cars are almost show room condition. My impala is black with 350 motor and the Chevelle is red with black rally strips, scoop hood, its an SS clone, Bishoff engine service engine build, has a shift kit with stall converter. I think it may have a 396, i have to ask him! Should I trade? Which is worth more?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First, does it have sentimental value having either car? That's why we love classics in the first place! haha, anyways, I'm guessing since your Imapala has a 350 in it that it is not the original numbers matching car unless you are stuck with the turbo-fire v8, the smallest engine in the lineup from '71-'76 for the biggest full size car chevy made. Also, beware on the impala of that year, known for the "mark of excellence" on the dash due to the windshield angle and cracked dash pads, as well as leaking water from around the other glass in the car. If you are looking to switch over to the muscle car design, the chevelle is the car for you. Regardless if it is a clone or not, it is worth more than the car you have. The 396ss(138xxx) is one of the most desired body styles and engine option of bowtie lovers that is on the market. Oh and by market I mean real market, not Barrett-Jackson. The real value of classics is not based on their over the top show, or my '53 chevy Streetrod would be worth 5 times what it is worth around my area. If you are not sure about the trade still take it to a local car club and have them look over both cars and see what the values are, as there is only so much information to go on here without seeing the cars in person(rust prone areas, bondo areas, paint quality, undercarriage, build cleanliness, seals, etc.) Good luck either way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts