·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
improve horse power?
3400 standard edition - want it run like a (ss) though

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have a 3.4 unfortunately it is very hard to get the horsepower up to SS status. I mean the most basic things to do would be
1. Cold air intake
2. U-bend delete in the exhaust
3. Reprogrammed PCM
4. Polyurethane mounts
5. Cat-back exhaust.
6. Ported Throttlebody
7. Aftermarket Camshaft
8. Ported Heads
9. Ported intake manifold
And thats just some stuff. We havent even gotten to the transmission part yet.
You could always Go Forced induction. Much more expensive, But more worth it in the long run.
Go to here www dot milzymotorsports dot com And you can buy some stuff for you 3.4
Or www dot intense-racing dot com
www dot zzperformance dot com
Hope that answers some of your questions

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you have a 3.4 unfortunately it is very hard to get the horsepower up to SS status. I mean the most basic things to do would be
1. Cold air intake
2. U-bend delete in the exhaust
3. Reprogrammed PCM
4. Polyurethane mounts
5. Cat-back exhaust.
6. Ported Throttlebody
7. Aftermarket Camshaft
8. Ported Heads
9. Ported intake manifold
And thats just some stuff. We havent even gotten to the transmission part yet.
You could always Go Forced induction. Much more expensive, But more worth it in the long run.
Go to here www dot milzymotorsports dot com And you can buy some stuff for you 3.4
Or www dot intense-racing dot com
www dot zzperformance dot com
Hope that answers some of your questions
I totally agree with Vistalss. The first three things I would do performance wise would be to install a cold air intake, headers, and a cat back exhaust system. I would focus on reprogramming the CPU and the internal engine parts once I had these first three performance pieces.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well

The first three things I would do performance wise would be to install a cold air intake,

this seems like a really simple thing to change. any hazards to watch out for? will doing this alone mess up cpu or engine management?
seems really simple to change. is it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I totally agree with Vistalss. The first three things I would do performance wise would be to install a cold air intake, headers, and a cat back exhaust system. I would focus on reprogramming the CPU and the internal engine parts once I had these first three performance pieces.
what type of price tag are you looking at for all 3?

·
Registered
35 Posts
would anyone recomend a K&N cold air intake system for an 2001 Impala??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts