Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it not warranty still being an 05?Sounds like the insturment cluster packed it in.If no warranty,used parts is your cheaper option,Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try this.

When your speedo or other instruments are not working.
1) Stop and shut car off
2) With the vehicle off, put it into R (reverse)
3) Attempt to start car a few times (the car wont start in reverse)

This should resync your gauges.

·
Registered
557 Posts
you can get your instrument cluster rebuilt by a company called BBengineering. Or they'll send you a rebuilt one and you send your old one back for a core.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Solution For Your Speedometer Problem

This is a common problem with all the GM vehicles from 2000 to 2006 I had the same problem in my 2005 Impala the speedometer went haywire at 89K miles. I found a website where I had it fixed for $120 dollars. here is the website in case you want to check it out.
speedometergaugerepair.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick fix for Speedometer for '05 Impala

Does this really work? I need my car today and to travel a little distance away and do not want to be stuck...Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try this.

1) Stop and shut car off

You rock! Worked for me! Well, my temperature gage hasn't worked in over a year. Today my speedometer went wacko. It clocked 160 when I was doing about 40km. Drove home, turned it off and the needle stayed there. I started doing research and people were quoting up to $600. for a repair. I am on a disibility pension with no savings, so this was a nightmare. I am presently dealing with trying to get my heat fixed because I have no heat. Came across your post and thought there was nothing to lose. I had to do it about 4X and each time, it edged its way back to zero. Then I took my 2005 Impala for a run and it works perfectly. My temperature gage is still off, but so happy your suggestion worked for me. What a relief. Thank you so much!

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
Glad a 7yr old post worked for you.
Welcome to the forum too.
What part.of Canada are you from ?

Tell us more
We're harmless here.
Really
Well "most"of us are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2005 Impala, base edition with less than 75K, I don't drive all that much. Anyway, speedometer quit working accurately and researched this forum. I tried the suggestion from earlier, start car 3X in R, then started the car as usual and took it for a drive. The speedometer works fine ( for now ). Hope it continues and this suggestion helps others. Glad I found the site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try this.

1) Stop and shut car off

My son has an 05 impala and I tried your fix and it worked, I just wanna say thank you very much, we appreciate it a lot!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This fix leaves me even more suspicious of the auto industry: Nobody, and I mean, Nobody, would have known how to fix the problem without checking this forum. The industry would prefer to have you take the car into the dealer, out of your sight, then do this screwy reset, come back out and tell you they had to replace the entire dash setup: Cost to the consumer? $500 or more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 Impala speedometor not working. Putting it in reverse and trying to start to reset gauges doesn't work. I can't start car while in reverse. What now?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts