Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...running fine, what could it be How can I clear the light?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a check engine light can mean anything, from a loose gas fill cap to an electrical problem to something much more serious. take it to the dealer if under warranty or to a local mechinic if not. ask them to scan your car's computer. most places will do the scan for free

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to auto zone they will plug for free and let you know

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go to auto zone they will plug for free and let you know

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the manufacturers way of reminding you your due for regular scheduled maint. Oil change , air filter , etc.

The damn manufacturers also made it where only their computer can clear the light.
Women flock to the dealer for high price service and not to the local guys. Just a ploy from the big 3 !!!

Change your oil , filters etc and put tape over the light if it bothers you.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the manufacturers way of reminding you your due for regular scheduled maint. Oil change , air filter , etc.

The damn manufacturers also made it where only their computer can clear the light.
Women flock to the dealer for high price service and not to the local guys. Just a ploy from the big 3 !!!

Change your oil , filters etc and put tape over the light if it bothers you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Try disconnecting your battery for a 20 minutes and then reconnect it. Start the car. If the light has turned off, then its fixed. If not then do what they say above me. Cheap and easy fix, sometimes. Its worked for my '96 a few times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts