Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rebuilt it keep slipping in 1st gear no check engine light is on. But every time i get the tranny rebuilt it drives find for about a month then starts to slip in 1st gear.
No i have went 2 several different shops i even bought a brand new one from gm and it still does the same thime slip in 1st gear

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Probably due to the way you drive. You tromp on it. You should get a standard. or a heavier auto.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be that the pcm is defective and somehow not able to accurately control the line pressure.A guage needs to be installed and the pressure checked at different throttle openings.If this checks out ok then you could have a restricted trans cooler causing the trans oil to overheat.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the tranny mechs know what they are doing? I'd take it someplace else after the 2nd time. Or they are having a serious batch of bad parts, and your the lucky one to keep getting them. Or ask them next time adjust the 1st gear band to be tighter, or engage a bit harder. Good luck.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most tranny shops dont really know about the electronics in the trannys these days and always go for the hydraulic symptom. you might want to talk to a gm drivebility tech at a dealership. if you play your cards right you can have him do it on the side. if you talk to the service adviser he will guide you to the tranny tech that's been there for 30 years and never learned the electrical side of the tranny, by the way you said you replaced it with a new one, they are usually under warranty for 3 years 50000 miles

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you went to double A MCO?

Need a real transmission shop as there just ain't nothin to rebuildin a lil'ol 700R-4. they have had enough chances to make it right and obviously suck at their job.

Small claims court might be appropriate for you?

ASE Cert Auto Tech, 86 Jaguar XJ-6 with a stroked 305(333) and a 700R-4. Really fun toy!

S
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check with Gear Star Performance Transmission to see what they have to say on this problem at www.gearstar.net or call 1-800-633-2353

1 - 7 of 7 Posts