Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wont to put a 1994-1998 caprice engine in it what would i need to change?

or i just wont to drop a 454 in it

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
454 is too damn big, get a 307 or 350 thats all you need..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll have to do nothing to put a newer engine in. You'll have to rework the whole engine and tranmission set up to drop a big block in.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find a LT1 engine like a Corvette or an Impala SS. That should drop in.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are talking front engine car ? if so 454 will fit just like all small blocks . 454 502 etc need trans that matches engine car should have tbi and 4le trans electronic control for engine and trans so if you use tbi 454 you are ready to go but if car is tpi than go tpi454 it will bolt to trans but 454 i50 lbs heavier so front springs need change spring shop can help rad will me a maybe depend on how you drive it plenty of room for biger core exhaust is ttight on left side steering in way right side easy use high torque starter if you change tbi to tpi you need to change pump in tank and engine computor and al front harness big job dash needs to come out when you are done this neet combo had 525 powe roadmaster wgn

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Caprice changed significantly from 93 to 94, you would have to do alot of moderations to make it work, stick with the 350.

·
Registered
15 Posts
caprices were make until 1996. 1994-1996 was offered with a 180hp l99 4.3 liter v8, and the 9c1 and impala ss motor- 260hp 5.7 liter lt1. either one of these motors in your 93 would be a horrible idea unless you just have a bunch of money you want invested in the car. They DO NOT bolt up. they l99 or lt1. i dont know if a 383 stroker motor would bolt up or if they make a specific model for your car, but that is your best bet. guaranteed over 400 hp and torque out of the box. however, your more than likely going to save money just buying a 94-96 caprice with the lt1. they are very easily modified and are very reliable. www.impalassforum.com
check that site out, seach the caprice forum. youll find all the info you need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts