Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
carbuerator i have a rebuilt motor and 350? trans and a new intake and carb & cheap fuel regulator but my car is smokin when i press the gas im thinkin fuel regulator or maybe my gas is old my car has been sittin what else could be the problem ??????????????????????????????????????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you take out the electric fuel pump?
If not then maybe the fuel pressure is to great for the bowl float valve and you are pumping raw gas into the engine.
Like some one else said-
"WHY"
If a hotrodder in the 60's could of got their hands on the fuel injection that was as good as the one you took out, they would have in a heart beat.
One small step forward, two giant leaps backwards on this one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you take out the electric fuel pump?
If not then maybe the fuel pressure is to great for the bowl float valve and you are pumping raw gas into the engine.
Like some one else said-
"WHY"
If a hotrodder in the 60's could of got their hands on the fuel injection that was as good as the one you took out, they would have in a heart beat.
One small step forward, two giant leaps backwards on this one.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Almost 2 years ago I had to replace my carberator on my 77 Impala. It took three different carberators before I got one that worked correctly. The first two poured the gas in so hard that when I pushed the peddel the car would leave a black streak on the ground under the tail pipe. Both of the first two also got less than 9 miles to the gallon on gas. On the third carberator I switched to a different Auto Parts store and this carberator is working great. You may have a bad carberator and need to change it. Also check the fuel pump pressure and make sure it is not above what the carberator is rated for.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Depending on the carb you don't want more than 5-7psi, plus most carb's were set-up for a specific engine, Just because it bolts on does not mean it's going to work right.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tbi

Why on earth...Hey, do you still have the old parts tbi and what not? I'll pay for shipping and take them off your hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts