Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
parts help? i have a 90 caprice not so nice..that i drive everyday and there is a 89 caprice for sale with no title because the insurance took the title because it got stolen but it is nice real nice brand new paint job rebuilt engine brand new interior and its real nice but then im wondering if i buy that car to can i just switch the serial number on the dash and drive that car or what can i do please help do i half to switch every part on the car to mine? i will give best answer alot of points please

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Why won't the Insurance give the title back? Though it was stolen it is now recovered and there for they should give the title back or if they have not then they are the ones whom still owns this car.

No you cannot switch the serial numbers on these cars, that would involve a hassel that you do not need.

·
Registered
140 Posts
No you cannot switch the serial numbers on these cars, that would involve a hassel that you do not need.
Not to mention HIGHLY ILLEGAL and you just posted it on a public internet forum. Not to say that it's never been done before. Don't do it though.

Is the car branded irrepairable?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
usually a theft recovery, if bad, or paid off already, gets a salvage title....those are still good to go with a safety inspection....they are just harder to sell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts