Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...just wondering if this was ok to do? i went to mobil to get my oil change and i noticed i have alot of sludge and buildup in the engine so they added this heartland oil system cleaner .The Originalâ„¢. This safe, petroleum based formula gently dissolves and removes harmful sludge from the crankcase without kerosene or alcohol. Safe for all vehicles....and they let my engine run for 5minutes then they added mobil high mileage engine oil and oil filter...now i just wanted to know if this was all ok to do for my car?
28 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i wouldnt have done it to a car that old dont listen to someone tell you its safe to do to an older car it safer to a newer car although that shouldnt need done either i seriously doubt you have 83k miles unless you put in a new engine 83k miles ago if you develop leaks in a few days are months then you will know if it was worth it or not

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it will not hurt it. If you have significant amout of sludge you may want to upgrade the oil you are putting in

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it is safe and will help clean your engine, also it will help you get better gas mileage.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK here's my opinion. Your car is 21 years old and according to AAA and others the average mileage for a vehicle per year is between 12,000 and 15,000 miles which means your car should have between 252,000 and 315,000 miles. at 83,000 miles why are they using a high mileage ( more expensive) oil in your car and as far as the oil sludge cleaner I feel it was even more of a rip off and I feel it could damage your engine and here is why ; The main ingredient in oil sludge is oil that has attached itself to dirt and other particles so if you put something in there to breakdown the OIL sludge then I would think that it will continue to break down the new OIL. Most oils have detergents and cleaners in them to clean your engine and I probably would have gone through a few oil changes using those oils to clean the engine. just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts