Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...wondering if this was ok to do? i went to mobil to get my oil change and i noticed i have alot of sludge and buildup in the engine so they added this heartland oil system cleaner .The Originalâ„¢. This safe, petroleum based formula gently dissolves and removes harmful sludge from the crankcase without kerosene or alcohol. Safe for all vehicles....and they let my engine run for 5minutes then they added mobil high mileage engine oil and oil filter...now i just wanted to know if this was all ok to do for my car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yes, i would have done the same, and have for 100's of vehicles in my life with no problems, just keep your oil change regularly & change your filter at least once a year. i do mine everytime, every 3 thousand miles oil & filter...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds OK, but I would change the oil filter again just to be sure. It's only a few bucks and may have caught some crap. The oil is OK, just do both oil and filter at 5000 to 7000 mi. However, do not do this to the transmission. It may bust off some sludge inside the walls of the casing and clog up the transmission filter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Johathan and thanks for your question.
This buildup was caused by you not changing the oil often eneff. There are other products out there that also do this. Motorflush-motortune and the like.
Was it safe to your car, yes. But what you need to consider here is if after doing this to your car, will it also clean the engine.
YEs it will help
Yes it will get the sludge out and now change the oil regularly

·
Registered
22 Posts
go ahead and change the oil. my recommendation is to also do an engine flush. it's super easy to do your self. also i know oil prices are high but once you settle on the oil you want be sure to stick with it. duing that helps reduce sludge. oppose to swicthing oil companys every oil change. i personally use royal purple and do an engine flush every 3,000. i do it all my self. my car is a 305 and has 144,000 miles on it and i beat this piss out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts