has put alot of money in to it
but still wants to keep it
please help
thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pull the transmission dipstick, if its dark brown or black its burned. you might have to change the transmission.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pull the transmission dipstick, if its dark brown or black its burned. you might have to change the transmission.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solve all of the above by just buying a used or rebuilt transmission and torque converter.
Should have a Turbo-350C with lock-up torque converter. You can replace it for less than $150 bucks used, or about $500 rebuilt.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solve all of the above by just buying a used or rebuilt transmission and torque converter.
Should have a Turbo-350C with lock-up torque converter. You can replace it for less than $150 bucks used, or about $500 rebuilt.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it is any of those things, the best, and easiest thing to do is to get either a used transmission from the junk yard, or buy a rebuilt one.

Working on a transmission is not easy, and you can end up breaking more than you fix.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Shoot new transmissions sometimes are cheaper than rebuilt ones. Like at our shop it costs like $2500 to rebuild a trans when you can buy one for like $1500 brand new. And you most likely have a TH700 R4 if you have overdrive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts