Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caliber reliable vehicles?
I visited the consumer reviews and the import guys are correct. I am not saying that american cars are all that bad, but based on probabiliy in having a lemon is more on the domestics. I have also read complaints about GM and Dodge and I cant believe the neglect and scam they do to their customer.

As one of the posters said "buy american" but why should I buy american cars when the american manufacturers themselves doesnt treat americans right? I have read enough info in the internet and it has opened my eyes on the auto industry.

Our ford will be retiring soon. I would say the car was average. It required TLC. We are now considering the Camry. These cars has good ratings and are eager to get one for us and the in laws.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have to agree with the import guys.
A Honda or Toyota are the best bang for the buck: Cleaner running, better fuel mileage, better thought out features, high reliability and performance and they hold their resale value much better than American cars.
Heck, even KIA is better than American made (which really isn't any more...Brazillian and Mexican engines, Chinese panels, assembly wherever).
I currently drive a 96 Chevy Cavalier (I know...hypocrite) but my next car will definitely be one of the above.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chevy would probably be best, and they drive nice too

S
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of the two, I would go for the Impala. I have a 2003 Impala LS and my only expencies at the dealer store, for the past four years, with regular services, have been for oil,oil filter, tire rotation, an engine air filter, a cabin air filter, and two wiper blades.

This has been the best car I've ever owned since 1946

1 - 4 of 4 Posts