Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently strongly considering getting a 1992 Buick Roadmaster but am concerned about gas. I know it has a 23 gallon gas tank (Which makes me nervous because it will cost around $70 bucks to fill), but I want to know how long it will last. I'm 16 and can't work 40 hours a week so I need something relatively good that I don't have to keep filling up.

I'm also thinking that even if gas is expensive for the car, it can be worth it because I have read excellent reviews about the car where almost nothing majority bad goes wrong. Any comments on reliability too?

Thanks in advance for you serious answers.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gas is going to be a major issue. I would say, you will get 15-20 mpg around town(depending on how you drive it). If you don't have to drive far, then it might work out great for you. But, if you drive a lot, at 16, don't get it. Get something better on gas. But, if you are content on getting the car, it is reliable. Just make sure you do a complete tuneup on it when you get it. You should be okay as lond as the car hasn't been dogged out.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want a car that would win a demolition derby hands down, the Roadmaster is it. If you do not have your own oil refinery/ethanol plant, don't buy it. Seriously, It's about a 12 mpg car so gas mileage is nonexistent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts