Impala Forums banner

How to: Upload pics to the forum

14K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  mosk1990 
#1 ·
Upload pics:

From comp:

Select Save pics to desktop, select "Go Advanced," Select the paper clip in the toolbar, Select "Browse" then find your pics, and double click the selected pic. Repeat as needed. Then, finally, select upload and shazam, there they are!

From online:

Go to image host, get the direct link, copy it, select the mountain picture in the toolbar on quick reply, paste, press enter, and repeat as needed.

Thank you and good luck!

Ex 1: From Internet.

Ex 2: From computer.

Please keep the photos 1024x___, IE leave it to maintain aspect ratio. It makes it easier to view. It takes like 30 secs to do. Thank you!

:beer:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
From online:

Go to image host, get the direct link, copy it, select the mountain picture in the toolbar on quick reply, paste, press enter, and repeat as needed.
To add to what Donmateo said. I grab the link from the image host site and post it directly in the reply box I am writing into. Then I can add more pics and tell something about the pic, example: This is a copy of what my owners manual for my 77 Impala looks like:

Then add more information and another pic such as this 77 Impala limousine:

Though you see the image in this post you don't see the link back to my image hosting site. This is a great way to work on DIY articles.

#4 ·
New guy here, what about changing avatar/ profile picture whatever you call it?

#6 ·
Unscratch that, everythime I go to upload a picture of avatar to my profile, have yet to try it in a post, it says picture is invalid. I've made sure all the pictures are within the pixel guidelines although any capable sofware should be able to instantly shrink a picture to said guidelines. Any help on this would be awesome.

#8 ·
...any capable sofware should be able to instantly shrink a picture to said guidelines. Any help on this would be awesome.
Some forums do need to have it resized for the avatars. If your picture you are using is very high megapixel then that might be the problem. This forums software is very capable of auto resizing the pictures for avatars but two other forums I am on are not capable and I use this to fix that problem: Create Avatar

#9 ·
I'll give it a shot and no Don I think it's something like Bit. I'm on my phone right now so I can't tell you for sure but the file type definitely starts with a "B".

#11 ·
I tried to upload some pictures to my album and I did but they say moderated under them and says they are waiting aproval. Do I need to take any further action or do I just wait for them to get aproved? I put some pics up in my garage and they didn't need aproval. I am new to this forum stuff so maybe Im missing something.

Thanks,
Jay

#12 ·
I see 9 pics in your album, everything looks fine, were there more?

#14 ·
No problem.

#15 ·
I have been waiting a couple of days for my pictures to be moderated in my album . I now have a new Chevy and want to show her off as my main picture, etc. So I guess I am also playing the waiting game . Patience is a Virtue "they" say, they do talk alot though .:hope:

#16 ·
Not sure why they were moderated, problem should be fixed now. Just let one of us know next time and we can help.

#18 ·
I'm having trouble posting multiple pix in a single post.. I'm working from my IPad... I go to paper clip, browse, select 4 pix press upload and it will only post one pic.. Any help??
Usually I post from home with my PC. I save the pics to photobucket and create a small word pad doc. I type up my story, and number each URL that I paste in. That separates each pic.
If you have photobucket, and dont want to go the doc route, then just paste each url link into the post here along with the story, if you choose to include one. That should post all the pics together in one post.

Other than that, all I can say about using the paper clip is that the pics may be too big. Thats another plus for using the bucket. IT auto-sizes the pics. Just choose "Forum Size" in Options....
Good Luck! :beer:

#22 · (Edited)
So while messing with the email notification settings in the forum UserCP section, I also noticed settings related to automatically resizing pictures (under "Edit Options")! Does this functionality not work properly or something? I haven't tested it yet, but was just wondering why we wouldn't just let the forum automatically resize the pictures for us...

Thanks!

EDIT: After looking a little closer, I think that the resizing options are just for *displaying* the images, not for resizing images that you upload... I think...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.