Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Upload pics:

From comp:

Select Save pics to desktop, select "Go Advanced," Select the paper clip in the toolbar, Select "Browse" then find your pics, and double click the selected pic. Repeat as needed. Then, finally, select upload and shazam, there they are!

From online:

Go to image host, get the direct link, copy it, select the mountain picture in the toolbar on quick reply, paste, press enter, and repeat as needed.

Thank you and good luck!

Ex 1: From Internet.

Ex 2: From computer.

Please keep the photos 1024x768, IE leave it to maintain aspect ratio. It makes it easier to view. It takes like 30 secs to do. Go to Microsoft Paint (or similar) and in the top left there should be a option to resize. Enter the correct dimensions (1024x768), press "ENTER" then "SAVE" the photo. Thank you!

:beer:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,056 Posts
From online:

Go to image host, get the direct link, copy it, select the mountain picture in the toolbar on quick reply, paste, press enter, and repeat as needed.
To add to what Donmateo said. I grab the link from the image host site and post it directly in the reply box I am writing into. Then I can add more pics and tell something about the pic, example: This is a copy of what my owners manual for my 77 Impala looks like:

Then add more information and another pic such as this 77 Impala limousine:

Though you see the image in this post you don't see the link back to my image hosting site. This is a great way to work on DIY articles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
New guy here, what about changing avatar/ profile picture whatever you call it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Scratch that.

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
Unscratch that, everythime I go to upload a picture of avatar to my profile, have yet to try it in a post, it says picture is invalid. I've made sure all the pictures are within the pixel guidelines although any capable sofware should be able to instantly shrink a picture to said guidelines. Any help on this would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
7,056 Posts
...any capable sofware should be able to instantly shrink a picture to said guidelines. Any help on this would be awesome.
Some forums do need to have it resized for the avatars. If your picture you are using is very high megapixel then that might be the problem. This forums software is very capable of auto resizing the pictures for avatars but two other forums I am on are not capable and I use this to fix that problem: Create Avatar

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
I'll give it a shot and no Don I think it's something like Bit. I'm on my phone right now so I can't tell you for sure but the file type definitely starts with a "B".

·
Registered
418 Posts
Please keep the photos 1024x768, IE leave it to maintain aspect ratio. It makes it easier to view. It takes like 30 secs to do. Thank you!
It may be easy to do but how the heck do you do it to begin with??

·
Registered
52 Posts
I spent 2 hours tring to follow instruction but w. no success. I am running Vista & trying to move them from my pics to the forum. None of that would work for me. I also downloaded the avatar app & it siad it could not use the format. I do not have a save pics to desktop option. I know the pics are in j-peg form. Anyone that could help me would be great, I'd love to have my pics up & a avatar!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts