Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a rental car today for the next 6 days while my imp. is in the shop getting repairs done. I am wondering what model i have as rental. It's a Impala LT i can tell from the badge at the back, but not sure if its 2013 or 2014 or 2012 model ? How to tell ?

It's got crappy seats though, no power seats cannot raise or lower the seat unlike the 07 LS i drive.. so that's lame.. it has the metal handle under the seat to move it back and forward. Not even sure if the darn thing has a tilt wheel.

The interior looks similar to my 07 so looks like chevy guys do not like to change the interiors much.

I have to say it's got added features that mine does not like the temperature display for outside, better display for speed/rpms etc. hud i believe its called the thing that is blue in the front of steering wheel.

What i do not like is the stupid Traction control, it kicks in at times when you want to spin your wheels, the steering is so soft can drive the car with my pinkie, i am assuming this has Electronic steering or what i had on my 07 ?

I find it bit lighter though (nope i have not lifted it) maybe because if looks bit smaller than my existing one in length and it has bit more power too when its traction control is not engaged.

So what model do i have ? 2013 or 2014 or 2012 ?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
check rental agreement should tell you what year. How many mile on it?

Guess 2012 or possible 2013 new impala not out yet

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you ever think to check the reg or paper work?
The vin indicates the year. It is 17 characters long and is a mixture of numbers and letters.
here is a link for you Tips and Advice on Reading Used Car Vehicle Identification Numbers - VINs
I was in a hurry to be at work.. and when i got to work i had to find a parking spot cause lot was all full.. kinda lame... so never even bothered. Will do in the evening maybe will tell me what year it is. But it feels a lot smaller and like a compact car and not full size with good power though so must be a v6 :biggrin:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Pop the hood and look at the emissions sticker, it will say "this vehicle conforms to emissions standards for xxxx model year", or at least that's the case in the US, I'd imagine Canada as well.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
You would know if you had a 2014 Impala. Trust me.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
How about take some pics for us... we will tell. Could be a 04-05 model for all we know :lol:

·
Registered
545 Posts
the body style hasent changed sice like 05? if the shifter had D L instead of regular numbers its 11-13.

the 12's have a gray grill lol.

the 10th digit in the vin will tell you the year.

2009 = K
2010 = A
2011 = B
2012 = C
2013 = D

They dont have a heads up display, Tilt wheel is same spot as yours, the 12 has a "paddle" shifters on the left side of the steering wheel, at least my LT does.

Then again Rental cars dont get stuff that regular base models do.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about take some pics for us... we will tell. Could be a 04-05 model for all we know :lol:
O no it cant be had 27k kms on it.. looked brand new in the dark (sorry sun don't rise here till 9).

@tss hmm how come ? They bigger and meaner looking ?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats a 14 model.

are you sure you have a impala lol. not a malibu.. they have all the stuff your talking about.
Goddammit you made me look at the key insert from rental company it says fking malibu.. they tricked me... i think in the dark i assumed LT was for impala did not know LT meant for malibu as well.. I demand a refund goddamit.. :gaah: gonaa go check it out when i go to the parking lot in 30 mins.. will know for sure i will phone them up and demand an impala !!:yikes:

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
FWIW....

06-08 no real differentiation.
09 added the side skirts
10 dropped the c pillar emblem
12 added the 3.6 engine, new wood for the interior
---------------------------------------------------------
14 new body style, new platform moved from Wbody to Epsilon II

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
So you have an 8th gen impala and couldn't tell that the car you got as a rental looked 100% different?

Protip: the interior of any impala from 2006 through 2013 will look the same. Short of the quality of components and options.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you have an 8th gen impala and couldn't tell that the car you got as a rental looked 100% different?

Protip: the interior of any impala from 2006 through 2013 will look the same. Short of the quality of components and options.
I feed ripped off phoning other rental places tomorrow to get something else they should have just given me a bmw or a cruz just as bad as a malibu they are. Plus it does not even come with remote start !!

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
They're good til you have an electrical problem. Those german cars are nice, but very overcomplicated systems. Audis/VWs are the worst, but bmw and benz are not far behind.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
thats a 14 model.

are you sure you have a impala lol. not a malibu.. they have all the stuff your talking about.
LOL, I have an 02 impala and I always hear I love your Malibu or nice Malibu :bang:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A BMW is better than your impala. I am not sure why you compared such a notoriously great manufacturer with a Malibu.
Ok how is bmw better ? BMW uses probably more gas than a malibu even if they dont, well bmw cannot survive on regular 87 octane. it needs the top end fuel.

Parts for them are probably expensive compared to malibu, so if something goes wrong with bmw (lets assume its rare ) over the 5 to 10 years average bmw and malibu's repair cost will be pretty much at par cause malibu will require more repairs compared to bmw but parts will be cheaper.

not sure where malibu is manufactured but bmw definitely does not help with north americans job market.

I never did like my imp. i first got it cause its labelled as grandpa car. Plus i noticed that most bmw's are driven by those of foreign decent so its a foreigners car.

@SCOTTYINWV well i swear i thought the malibu was an impala till i saw the insert on the keychain saying its a malibu, phoned rental company right away asking for why a mid size car was labelled as a full size. They said malibu is a full size sedan i just could not convince the guy that its a mid size even asking him to google malibu specs and what they consider it could change his mind. Now i am thinking google lies and infact malibu is a full size sedan and might as be called an impala.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Some BMWs are built here and DO help our economy, but even if you bought a GM made in Mexico most of the money still stays here, whereas most of BMWs goes to Germany. So, both help, but buying American is still best.

And cost of ownership isn't representative of which is better. You have to pay to play. It may be smarter to own a Malibu if you don't like paying 25%+ more for services and parts, but not representative of which is better.

Malibu is mid-size. Google Chevy Malibu, the Chevy website heading says mid-sized.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Malibu is mid-size. Google Chevy Malibu, the Chevy website heading says mid-sized.
That's what i told the guy on the phone but he was like no they consider it full size, so i might have to talk to different rental company tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts