Impala Forums banner

Did this article help you with unlocking your GM radio?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • I have not needed it yet.

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The previous listed procedure did not work for a 2009 radio I am replacing in my 2010 Impala. No numbers on the buttons. My radio glass front broke and the display was no longer showing, and the radio started shorting out. I called a local salvage yard, and they had a 2009 Impala come in (with the USB hookup) and that I could have the radio. Now! the blasted thing is locked....... how do you unlock? dealership wants $100 to unlock it. Thats robbery!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The previously mentioned procedure to unlock does not work on my radio. I have a 2010 Chevy Impala and broke the glass face of my radio causing it to no longer display and seemed that it was also causing a short in the radio. I purchased a 2009 Chevy Impala radio, (radio, cd, bluetooth, and mp3 jack, similar on the front to mine). plugged it in and learned all about Theftloc the hardway. Dealership want's $100 to unlock it. I have the vin numbers of both cars, and the dealership is now saying that they may not be able to unlock it. Is there anyway to unlock it? the radio face buttons do not have numbers to be able to correspond with the 2 and 3 buttons. HELP, lost in radioless land.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Like I posted BEFORE..........

GM Delco radios 2003 and NEWER are VIN# LOCKED !

ONLY the DEALER and his Tech 2 machine can unlock them.....................

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone edit first post so people know about vin lock. Read original then bought radio to find out this isn't true for my 08. Dealer wants $105 to unlock. I know someone has mentioned this in a later post but most don't read every answer. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you are in/around the Chicago area, and come to me, I have always helped those needing their radios unlocked (among other things). Do this often for the Bonneville, GTO, and other GM peeps on forums I frequent. I have a Tech2.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In the western suburbs of Chicago.

It may be quicker to email me at [email protected] as I don't get on here frequently (as can be evidenced by me responding two months late).

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
So does this work for 2002 Radios? I have a friend who had the ignition replaced in her 2002 Impala and the radio is now locked out.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts