Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to Remove 2010 Impala LS Stock Grille & Recommendation for an Aftermarket One?

I need some advice on how to remove the stock Upper Grille on my 2010 Impala . (the one with the Chevy bow tie on it directly below the hood)

I'm looking to blow some tax money on an aftermarket grille without the bow tie on it for a more classier look.

I've never done this before and I'd like to know how the stock grille comes off. I want to get it off without breaking anything or the grille itself because I'd like to sell the stock one when I get it off to recoup some of the cost of buying the new one.

Pics or videos on how to remove it would be very much appreciated.

Also, what type of aftermarket bow tie free grille do you recommend for my impala. I have a couple in mind already but, I'd like to know what all of you think are the best?

Thank you in advance for all of your help/responses!

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Open the hood and there are some clips on top of the grill
Either 2 or 4 clips

And then just pull it straight out.

I also lovemy black honeycomb grills

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open the hood and there are some clips on top of the grill
Either 2 or 4 clips

And then just pull it straight out.

I also lovemy black honeycomb grills
Thanks for the response.

How difficult are the tabs to pop out?

What tools should I use to pop them out without breaking them?

Is there any tricks I should know beforehand?

·
Registered
90 Posts
simple flat head screw driver should pull out the top center piece. Then just pull up. The bottom is just clipped in, pull lightly. I shopped eBay and found both the top and bottom SS versions for around $70 total.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have tried removing those two pegs above the grill and they will not budge. I have torn them apart just to get them to move up a little. The are the black circle ones, right? I am not being stupid and trying to pull up the wrong thing, right?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You have to be very careful when removing the grilles, so that you don't break the plastic clips. A flathead screwdriver is all I used, but I suppose a butterknife could also work. I just bought the 5 piece bolt on aluminum grille for about $100. A nice option if you like the chrome look. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
So... let's sat that the clips did get ruined some how. Is there a way to get new clips? And I cannot get those damn things off!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Dealer sells them, and I seen a post a while back with a place to purchase any of the fasteners

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
as far as removing the push pins, they should be a thin black disk with a smaller, thicker black disk in it's center. there shoud be a notch somewhere on the underside of smaller disk, which you can put the screwdriver in. pry it up until you can gab i with your fingers, and then pull on it

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You have to work the clips carefully and eventually the grille will slide out. It takes time and patience. Don't force it or else you will break it. Also, be careful with the shiny plastic thing that goes around the grille.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts