Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking at the LED Rear Tail Lights and notice they already come with the housing but since I have SS balck I watn to keep the same housing so it's matches.

Are they difficult to remove? Any written procedures in doing this?

TIA!

Dannyo

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Those should already be in the black housing. Or you have the tail light covers,? If u have the tail light covers you just have to remove them with.a fishing line and.heat gun. Other people have ways of getting them off so they can.chime in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the looks on ebay with the LED's, I don't see them with black covers. I see them tinted/dark but not Black.

Wouldn't mind the LED's but want the stock Black Housing I currently have.

Dannyo

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Yeah, but you don't get the same look as the eBay LED tails. The eBay tails are arranged in a circular pattern

x2 on the fishing line and heat gun. If you have an SS, then you have the "tail covers" which are attached to the tail light with double-sided tape. With a little bit of work, you can take them off and re-apply them (with new double-sided tape) to the LED tails.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
If it were me, I'd tint them. I don't like the way the "red chrome" shines through. Makes em look cheap, which they most certainly aren't.

I've thought of making my own...Would be easy to do quad tails to match.

Reactions: g25racer

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Agree 100%. I have seen these before and it looks like they only tinted the non "lighted" areas which, is pointless if you ask me. Why not just paint them gloss black then? Agree it would be much easier to do quad tails as you wouldn't really have to use the reflective domes with led's. If that's what you where getting at? But, they are way overpriced for some plastic! You could make your own for way less with some smd led strips.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
^^ Agree 100%. I have seen these before and it looks like they only tinted the non "lighted" areas which, is pointless if you ask me. Why not just paint them gloss black then? Agree it would be much easier to do quad tails as you wouldn't really have to use the reflective domes with led's. If that's what you where getting at? But, they are way overpriced for some plastic! You could make your own for way less with some smd led strips.
Yes, no reflectors and the light output will be identical between the outside/inside circles. It will also be easier to keep the stock reverse light and be able to change out the bulbs, because you don't have a reflector blocking your access point

1 - 9 of 9 Posts