Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to strip my car down to bare metal this weekend and do some dent repair and bondo, but i will not be able to prime it for two weeks, is there anything i can do so that i can still drive around without it rusting???

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
You could put saran wrap around the car with cutouts for doors and stuff.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
He was kidding...at least I think so, I hope so haha.

No, basically, you're screwed. A day or two of nice weather you could maybe get away with, but no way 2 weeks....you could possibly prolong it with like, some sort of oil coating, but I think you'll have to reapply daily.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Move to Phoenix, we are going to be 110+ degree's for the next week....humidity .. about 5-8 %...if that...lol.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
are you still on fire?

I think the forecast calls for a chance of nuclear fallout though if the NM thing gets too out of hand

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I was kidding. I hear vaseline is pretty good for preventing rust....but you have to rub every inch of the car every day. Kinda a waste.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you can mix vegetable or any cooking oil with some navel gel (which can be purchased at most auto parts stores) put it in a spray bottle and coat the car. the oil should be absorbed by the metal and the navel gel should eat away any rust... it will run a bit and of course it will need to be washed off before you prime and paint

1 - 9 of 9 Posts