Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that the $130 aux input I installed decided to stop working I am 100% fed up with the stock head unit. I have seen it on cardomain, people putting aftermarket CD players and even DVD players in their Impalas. SO, that being said..

WHAT DO I NEED FOR INSTALLATION PARTS? (Wiring harnesses, dash kits, etc.)

I DONT NEED ONSTAR, I DONT NEED THE DOOR CHIMES OR ANYTHING RELATED TO THE STOCK RADIO....What are my options

·
Registered
657 Posts
what head unit do you want to go with?

i have this little guy that i installed myself and i just modded it today:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I just need the GMOS-04? How does that connect to an aftermarket player?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
GMOS4 keeps your onstar (gm-Onstar04) and door chimes, i got a metra harness for my envoy(gmos-01), and the door chime works when it wants to :rolleyes:, prob got a bad one, too lazy to pull everything apart and send it back in b/c everything else works ok..
youll need a single din install kit (scosche -sp?) makes ones w/ a cd try under the radio or "Impala" badging as well
wire harness adapter - call a local shop they can recommend one that will bypass the onstar/chimes, as for the amp, I'd keep the stock unless youre replacing it...
PM me and i can email you the dash how to

·
Registered
657 Posts
i dont have any right now of it installed, but i suppose i could get some pics and add them to the garage once the weather clears up a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts