1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 2000 chevrolet impala
3.4liter v6
NOT LS
I want to get more speed, better stearing, and fater exceleration.
Or recomend some fast cars.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Get a Cold Air Intake and a good flowing muffler like a Flowmaster or Magnaflow. Also a high flowing catalytic converter from magnaflow.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I would have to agree w/ the GTP Pontiac up-grade. That, came w/ the supercharged 3.8L. Having had owned a '00 model GTP, these cars are very good performers, for a V6. But, even w/ that, it still wasn't enough for me. So, when I ran upon my current '02 LS1/A4 Camaro Z28 @ the stealership. While getting the GTP SES checked out, I had to traded the GTP. Now, I'm back in another LS1 V8 f-body;)

But if, you insist on keepin the Impala.I'd add an aftermarket cold air intake(CAI) and open up the exhaust system w/ a more open flow muffler and cat. converter.

But, one word of warning if, you choose to go w/ the performance program up-grade, and I wasn't waste my $$$ on any handhold unit. Be propared to start using the 93 octane grade gasoline in the Impala. Course, you could also switch to a cooler operation t-stat, like the 180*.

Good luck!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and what are we trying to do here? you better off trading that in for a 2 door pontiac prix supercharged (between 98 and 03's) they are runnng in the 5 stacks. and gives 240 horses rather than the 190 that the 3.4 is pushing (from the last time I had it). Other than that you want to go faster in the 00 'pala you will have to either buy performance aftermarket parts and put them in and (if possible bot not recommended) throw in a turbo. hope that helped. *better yet skrew it, get a classic muscle car and showboat to the daily commuters*

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is a 7 yr old 6 cylinder 4 door. If you want more speed, better steering and faster acceleration trade it in on a used Corvette...don't laugh. You can get a decent C4 for $10,000.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get a reprogramer, thats the best way.

a faster car would be a lambo galardo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts