Impala Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Impala and need to know if there's a way to lock my high beams into the on position. The high beams work when turn signal lever is pulled back towards me, but I can't get them to lock in position and remain on...suggestions??

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Are you trying this with the headlights ON, or with the DRLs? I believe they will only lock if they headlights are actually on, otherwise, they will just flash. I'm not 100% though, because I only really flash my high beams.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Don't you push the stalk forward to keep them on? Perhaps that only started in 2006 with the 8th gen......

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Nope, not on the 7th gen

Reactions: TSS

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
So how do you keep the high beams on in the 7th gens then?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to make my high beams come on automatically instead of my low beams...there's a wiring issue or something going on with the low beams, so they don't work at all. On top of that, pulling back on the low beams works to flash them but they will not lock into place. And on the 7th generation you have to pull back to flash and/or lock high beams...can't push away from you.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
So you pull back to flash, but how do you lock them on - pull back further??

I would really recommend against making your high beams come on instead of your low beams all of the time - you're going to blind other drivers constantly. Instead of spending so much time trying to "rig" your high beams to come on all of the time, spend that time to figure out what's actually wrong with your low beams instead!

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
They should lock by pulling the switch towards you if they don't then the problem is in the multi-function switch..

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Ahh, so then the 7th gens really don't have a true "flash to pass" function then?

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
You pull back to flash, and pull back til the click to keep them on

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Got it (finally)! :) That's what I wasn't understanding.

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
b_wil, I also failed to mention that using your high beams instead of your low beams is not advisable. Please don't do that.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Yeah High beams should not be used for everyday use.. It's unsafe for oncoming traffic..

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
I really only use my highbeams to flash at stop signs or to let oncoming drivers know they don't have their lights on

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maybe OP is from Ohio, they always use their high beams.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
LOL. Only Michiganders would appreciate that one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts