Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to make my daily driver to and from school a little more fun. How would I achieve SS level horsepower (240-250 crank hp) with anything short of ported heads and cams? Is there a combination of bolt ons that would yield bottom end and high end torque differences either? I like the low end grunt in a car, so top end isn't as important, but still.

·
Registered
588 Posts
In short not really but there are things that can be done. Sadly it isn't very cheap and with the price of some of the SS I have seen in the past few months local to me anyway (Wishing I had the extra cash when the deals are there lOL) One Indy for 2000 and one non Indy for 1500.. But the one listed right now is 4k so that is what they are mostly being posted at right now....

For your LS. 3800 Parts L36 Supercharger Kit It is just under 1800 for the parts... Just in my mind I am sorry even after doing this your car will still not be a SS... There are other things that are on an SS that Helps it preform better then the LS. I do miss my SS and one day I will have another for the sake of enjoyment. Until then I will just keep my others as they are.

James

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want an extra couple dozen ponies out of it. I know that the supercharger adds the extra 40 hp, Id just like some mods that may bump up the horsepower anywhere above 25, it doesn't have to be a supercharger. You have to do a top swap and a new transmission anyway, so ill pass on that.

·
Registered
743 Posts
You can do the mods in my signature, you will pass a stock 04 ss easily.
3.69 gears are expensive though. But even without the gears the rest of the mods would be even with a ss

Reactions: David3800

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm thinking some rockers, a zzp high flow tb, their generic fenderwell intake or their heat shielded version, a zzp downpipe and a custom made catback. What kind of gains should i expect to see?

·
Registered
743 Posts
The only mod you listed that will increase hp by a good amount is rockers.

Make your own intake then zzp plog,zzp 3" downpipe,zzp hv3, zzp er rockers, overkill tune, those mods are the one you want, if you don't want all those tell me your budget and I'll tell you best bang for buck.

Catbacks won't increase hp for our cars, intakes maybe 3hp so make your own,throttle body isn't worth buying new either

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only mod you listed that will increase hp by a good amount is rockers.

Make your own intake then zzp plog,zzp 3" downpipe,zzp hv3, zzp er rockers, overkill tune, those mods are the one you want, if you don't want all those tell me your budget and I'll tell you best bang for buck.

Catbacks won't increase hp for our cars, intakes maybe 3hp so make your own,throttle body isn't worth buying new either
I want a 2.5 because torque and ponies down low and midrange benefit my driving needs the most and a huge exhaust will kill that. So my parts should be a cheapo intake or make one myself, the downpipe that will get rid of the pesky u bend, rockers, and zzp plogs. Are the plogs compatible with the stock crossover?

·
Registered
743 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts