Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of Installing a car stereo into my 04 impala have did one before in a 98 accent and that was kinda of a bitch. I hope this one isn't that hard. So I know the basics behind it just have to figure out how to get the factory one out. I cant find anything at all online how to do this much appreciated.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I wouldn't replace that radio, because its like a big computer, since it controls all your settings like Oil Life monitor, (if you have abs) your tire pressure monitor, and key fob settings

·
Registered
657 Posts
you dont have to replace it. you can relocate it to the trunk so you still maintain all those features it holds, while having an aftermarket deck. they sell relocation harnesses for this purpose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another Option

It is perfectly ok to replace your radio without keeping your factory one in the ca you just need the integration harness about 120 dollars for GM Class II data. This will retain your door chime and other things as well as making a switched accesory which your factory radio doesnt have. as far as your settings oil life and such that can be restet without the radio for instance if the change oil light comes on you can turn you car to the run position and press the gas down all the way three of four times and it will clear it. It works ive done it and i have aftermarket radio and factory is sitting in my closet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts