Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks to everyone who helped out on my "severely loose steering wheel" thread, it turns out the problem is the steering box. I'll be getting that fixed on Tuesday so hopefully it'll clear up the problems:smile: Up next is getting the window motors fixed haha, I got them tinted but they just wont go down!:rolleyes: We're getting there.

So while I wait, I'm going to hopefully fix this A/C problem I'm having. The knob on the dash works on both the A/C and MAX settings.. the air will blow on the lowest (off) setting and the 1/4 and 3/4. Unfortunately, neither works on the "Full Blast" setting. Its not the compressor or anything like that, but it seems to be a switch of some sort?

Is there a part that connects the unit and the knob that runs on a switch that has possibly been broken? And if so, could you please direct me towards a place where I can get it fixed at home for cheap, or would my best bet be going to the Chevy place to get fixed?

Thanks Much!:biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Hmm... Normally only 2 things happen regarding a/c controls on this car.

1: it works but only blows on high (this is because the high/max setting is controlled by a relay under the hood by the fusebox and is seperate from the other 3 settings controlled with the lower voltage rheostat) or

: the a/c blows on 1,2 and 3 setting but not on high (in this case the higher voltage relay that controls the high fan setting under the hood by the fusebox has probably burned up or just melted the contacts enough to not work)

but what it sounds like to me from what your saying, maybe the knob is broken and is off center making it look like its blowing in the off position or the a/c panel itself is broken internally.....rare but I have seen it twice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts