Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 LS didn't come with fog lights and I need to replace the bumper cover anyway so I got a cover for an LT model with fog lights. They are like $50 cheaper to boot. I got a pair of fog lights off Ebay and bought the mounting grilles from the dealer. How can I wire them up? I don't see any factory wiring harness that I could plug them into. I was hoping to just buy a factory headlight switch with the fog light mode and just plug everything together.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really need to know how to do this too. I found an alternative which is a kit that comes with an external switch for the fog lamps, but I want it to be the factory switch.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
I don't think the OP is going to respond to you, since the above post is more than 3 1/2 years old. But, others may respond, as it has been done. I am trying to think of somebody here who did it, but drawing a blank......

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this is an old post, and i'm not asking the OP. I'm just bumping the thread while asking an additional question.

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
Well lets give it another bump haha. Has anyone taken their headlight switch knob off to see if there is just something behind it stopping you from depressing that button to engage what would be fog lights on a car that came with them? It has a little indentation for a finger to push it for fog lights so that was my guess for possibly making the switch you have work just by wiring it maybe?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I had a 05 whit no fog light change the bumper and install fog light. I connect the relay signal to the parking light and make no switch in the interior

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Has anyone taken their headlight switch knob off to see if there is just something behind it stopping you from depressing that button to engage what would be fog lights on a car that came with them?
I took mine off to clean it when I had my SS. As I recall, like the radio knob, it just pulls off with enough steady force. Give it a shot!

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
I took mine off to clean it when I had my SS. As I recall, like the radio knob, it just pulls off with enough steady force. Give it a shot!
I'll give that a try and let you guys know how it goes here in the next few days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts