Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so a co-worker has a 2002 ls impala with a bad engine/tranny. it has over 200xxx with no rust at all in perfect condition besides the engine/tranny. I have a 2002 base. I've been looking for ls bucket seats and a fog light bumper. His impala has the fog light bumper, perfect leather interior with bucket seats and console, new stuts 8xxx miles on them ( that I defiantly need) and any other body/interior part I may want. What would you recommend I offer? :yahoo:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Price

Not a whole lot. Sorry, it's an 02, doesn't matter how nice. No motor or trans and you only want parts? $600 max if they are very nice and tell him to get rid of the rest of the body, or better, $600 and with a clean title you will junk the body for scrap after you get any parts worth selling. His car doesn't run, he is the one against the wall not you. I might even drop that price personally.

jeff

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shoot I was thinking $400 max with a clean title so I could scrap the rest and make most of my money back.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I would throw as much as the parts cost plus half its value as scrap weight. That way you get what you need AND get a little back.

Cars here tend to go for 200 a ton if they come and get it and 250 if you take it to them.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
Rear fold down seat if you want it (you would need a little fabrication to get them in, but there's a rite up on here somewhere) the center console and shifter if you replace the seats.. if you grab the bumper, I would snag the fogs and sockets along with the fog lamp switch.. you can take the traction control button an add it to yours to get rid of that ugly empty spot... if the steering wheel has radio control buttons, id grab that too

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I agree with these guys on the price, but from what is being described, I would probably just swap your motor and trans into his car. Or sell yours to pay for a 3800/trans combo for it. Most all of your mods will swap over easily.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
That's also a great idea that no one has mentioned yet. Swapping your engine and trans over would be fast and easier. No messing with fog light hookups and switching rear seats and center consoles.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
I'd figure that 200k+ miles would look pretty beat up.. pending on how many miles you have on yours and if its been taken better care of, but even if you swapped engines, you would still have the other suspension parts, fuel pump, engine an trans mounts, weather stripping, possible electric problems that you possibly can't exchange.. and def a new pcm...

Do you like the exterior color of the 200k Impala

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's in great shape for 200k miles but its a 3800 and mine is a 3400 so I wouldn't waste the time. Plus I'm still paying on mine . I was considering finding a lower miles 3800 engine/tranny from a scrap yard and rebuilding with a s/c top swap. If I can get it for under 5 I may just do this and keep mine as is now and use it as a daily driver.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
It's in great shape for 200k miles but its a 3800 and mine is a 3400 so I wouldn't waste the time. Plus I'm still paying on mine . I was considering finding a lower miles 3800 engine/tranny from a scrap yard and rebuilding with a s/c top swap. If I can get it for under 5 I may just do this and keep mine as is now and use it as a daily driver.
I like this option :lol:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Red, and he's holding on to it until income tax time :)

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when I can afford I pay a double payment

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got the final verdict on this purchase. After telling him my plans of a 3800 sc swap for the car, he decided to keep it, and do it himself. :bang:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kickin myself in the ass now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts