Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking white or black, and i know black would be cheaper but i dont know the prices so if someone could give me the price to have it painted black, and the price to paint it white i would be greatful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Weither it is black or white it is no difference, maybe a few bucks on material. Black will show more flaws then white. Normal price for a full color change where I am from starts at about $8,000. If you bring them the car preped and stripped you can save alot of money, thats the time consuming part. Body work is also very expensive, the straighter the car is when you bring it to them the cheaper.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Black typically costs more because it does in fact show more flaws and is very hard work to get it just right because of that. I am from the west coast....typically a color change will cost around 5000 with dupont or better paints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in MI, black is bad to work with no matter what. the difference between mat. prices is negligable... for a color change I would charge $2500 in labor. there's about $5-600 in mats. and that doesnt include any necessary body work, i.e. dents... scratches... and that sinful word rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts