Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my hand is busted atm so ima keep this as short and simple as i can. I own a 1969 Chevy Impala it was given to my grandfather by his friend who was my mothers god mother and she was also ambassador of Argentina. Anyways its been kept in AMAZING condition only has 45 k miles that are all OG, interior has been restored etc etc everything in engine is OG, my g pah says its an SS but for some reason that i dun know it doesn't have SS symbol times are hard i need to know the worth for medical bills please help, o electrical isn't OG but it has the same face plate thingy from the 60's jus electric was fixed at one point in time for AC EVERYTHING is 100%

here are pics

again tnx everyone is very hard for me to type thx for any info.

350 v8 btw
bucket seats 2
yo, i actually have 1 of the tires.
of the first OG tires
of the first OG tires
yes i am POSITIVE about the millage and its the 300 hp carb
yes i am POSITIVE about the millage and its the 300 hp carb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's a really nice looking '69 Impala, but it's definitely not an SS because those are very rare models and they came standard with the 427 engine. The low miles are a huge plus for collectible status along with the attractive bright red color since most '69 Impalas came with boring colors. The mag wheels are not original but I don't think that will have a negative affect on the car's value. Most people will actual prefer those over the stock wheels.

Ideally you should be able to get $15,000 for the car, but if you want to sell it quickly that might not be realistic. Find out if it has a 4 barrel carburetor or a 2 barrel carburetor. It is worth more if it came from the factory with a 4 barrel carburetor because that means it has the 300 horsepower variant of the 350 versus the less desirable 255 horsepower 2 barrel variant.

To be honest, I'm not 100% convinced that the car only has 45k original miles. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure about that? On those older cars, the odometer flips over once they hit 100k, so it might have 145k miles and have been restored at one point. That's definitely not a bad thing, I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility to consider. In the pics, the body and interior look perfect but the engine just looks like it has normal wear on it---not like a car that only has 45k miles on it.

Hope that helps, and good luck---cool car!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont think its an SS only because i dont see ( or can see ) the rear end plaque it would say some where on the car inside or outside that it was an SS though you have a niiiccceee car there bumpers look to be straight witch is hard to find on the old ones wouldnt know where to begin to tell you a price but see if there is a chevy club around that could help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Bro NICE NICE CAR! ! ! ! ! ! (I myself have a 1963 IMPALA Z11 ALL ORIGINAL NUMBERS MATCHING BLOCK) its a very very rare one it has a 427 that makes 650HP and only 85,0000 original miles and its been apraised by a local appraiser at $65,000.00 that the paint is in very very good nearly mint condition its hard to say bro its even harder to appraise a price for a Classic Car you know but i would say if i was gonna but it not to pay less than $30,000.00 for what ive seen also bro there are people that make recreation of the original SS BADGE'S

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I don't know Chevy prices but I can tell you with certainty that anyone interested will be really pleased to find a cherry car like that. Almost every car out there more than a few years old has replacement parts of one type or another, so you have a gem there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Bro NICE NICE CAR! ! ! ! ! ! (I myself have a 1963 IMPALA Z11 ALL ORIGINAL NUMBERS MATCHING BLOCK) its a very very rare one it has a 427 that makes 650HP and only 85,0000 original miles and its been apraised by a local appraiser at $65,000.00 that the paint is in very very good nearly mint condition its hard to say bro its even harder to appraise a price for a Classic Car you know but i would say if i was gonna but it not to pay less than $30,000.00 for what ive seen also bro there are people that make recreation of the original SS BADGE'S

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont think its an SS only because i dont see ( or can see ) the rear end plaque it would say some where on the car inside or outside that it was an SS though you have a niiiccceee car there bumpers look to be straight witch is hard to find on the old ones wouldnt know where to begin to tell you a price but see if there is a chevy club around that could help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts