Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the axle service at about 7500 miles, used Mobil 1 and friction additive, two bottles of Mobil 1 and one small bottle of the additive.

I'm getting enough groan that I'm a little concerned. Turning sharply in parking lots, in the driveway at home, and most pronounced, in reverse.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Get the M1 out of there, that is the problem. If you really want to stick with the marketing hype that is M1 you might consider trying a second bottle of additive but I have never heard of anyone being happy with that oil and this posi.
If you want to run a synthetic with the Auburn posi Amsoil is about the only one I have heard of reliably working.

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wasn't certain what kind of LSD it was, I have an Auburn in the diff in one of my old Mopars, I'll have to see if I can figure out what I used there, I'd rather have only one kind of oil if it's possible. It was probably the blue-bottled Chevron stuff...

I assume that with only a few thousand miles on it, I can probably pump the oil out through the filler hole, as opposed to having to replace the diff gasket again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts