Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i the only one just setting around waiting on the dealer or someone on line to let us know when we can preorder the 2014 models?

I have no idea what the options will be but im as of right now i think ill pull the plug on a Black on black LTZ, that is if its not something crazy on the price.

So any of you all decided to get the new one when they come out?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I wont be getting one. It should be called the Chevrolet Camry, lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL... true, or the chevy hybrid, cause it looks like a lot of different cars put together.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I wont be getting one. It should be called the Chevrolet Camry, lol.
I see.. maybe the rental i am driving is a 2014 are they out yet ? No wonder it looked so small, i was not imagining it. Looked bit lower to the ground as well (something i do not like).

But i have to say the newer toyota camry are good looking cars and they have insane pickup. Test drive a 12, SE model i believe with v6 and it had great pickup but i do not think in it i would be able to fit two fat chicks on the back seat. Not enough room compared to older ones, so am hoping the new impala's are not something like that. They should make impala's like the size of a Taurus and give them the power of a SHO :lol:

Cannot afford a new car yet so nope not going to switch my car unless fate has other plans for me, usually its fate that decides when i am going shopping for a car.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
I think we should all wait like a year later. Knowing that its a new car off the line with new designs. New car = a lot of problems that the manufactures wouldn't even know about until the buyers report it. Which they wouldn't fix unless brought in and put in as a complaint with dead end warranty. GM will always be GM. And that's making unapproved cars with low budget and low cost parts. Bt who knows just my opinion. As an example having the rear camber issue for 4 year models and not fixing it until they got sued over it.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I think we should all wait like a year later. Knowing that its a new car off the line with new designs. New car = a lot of problems that the manufactures wouldn't even know about until the buyers report it. Which they wouldn't fix unless brought in and put in as a complaint with dead end warranty. GM will always be GM. And that's making unapproved cars with low budget and low cost parts. Bt who knows just my opinion. As an example having the rear camber issue for 4 year models and not fixing it until they got sued over it.
Ya true, i think if it was bmw or merc. one would not wait.. but there will be someone out there that will buy a brand new GM.. if everyone decided to wait for someone else to buy their new launch and wait for reviews GM would go down under so fast :devil:.

What is a "dead end warranty" ?:dunno:

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Ya true, i think if it was bmw or merc. one would not wait.. but there will be someone out there that will buy a brand new GM.. if everyone decided to wait for someone else to buy their new launch and wait for reviews GM would go down under so fast :devil:.

What is a "dead end warranty" ?:dunno:
If it was built like a beamer then of course I'll trade in my impala for it. :lol:
I call it dead end warranty becuz it last so long until it runs out and your left with a dead end car. Or you have warranty and they get fed up wiith it themselves for fixing problem after problem until they realize "hey let's just offer the buyer a new model car with the same cost and have a trade in even though the car still has warranty". For people who don't know I'm refferring to love_pinks situation.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having had a lot of BMW's and Mercedes I would never buy a new model lol... Actully ill never have another bmw or mercedes...

guess ill be the first to pull the trigger. if it has issues they can fix it ;) in 07 we piced up 3 new yukons didnt have any problems, and when the camaro camaro came out i got that too. only had one recall for the top, then again it has 300 miles on it so hard to have issue when its not driven lol..

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I would consider one if they offer AWD as an option like the XTS.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Don't have the money. But, it's worth mentioning that even though it's a new car, the Epsilon II is the base of the XTS and LaCrosse (which has been around for years). Also, expect a $30k-$45k range of price.

·
Banned
748 Posts
So if u have all this $$$ why not get a zl1? Or have a cts-v already?
If personally i had money. I would not settle for anything but a SHO from ford. I just love the look of that car and the power.. how reliable the car is I dunno. Or if i had money will buy a hemi charger or AWD 300.

I do not think i will ever buy anything that's not north american.. o wait i did like the 2012 v6 Camry :hope:. But no german vehicle. I wish i had tried out an impala SS, not sure how it drives or how much powa it has.

Cadi's (new ones) look good but i think only those who cannot afford a bmw or merc. but want something porche will settle for a cadi.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i use the impala for work, its a grate car for the money and about the cheapest thing you can own in terms of true cost. I log on about 200 miles a day and never know where im going. Some days its all highway, other days im in the back woods on dirt roads.. some days in top of the mountains in the snow. So a CTS-V as a daily driver would be about the same as just opending the windown and throwing $100 bills out.

On the the 07 SS, I drove it 18K miles and sold it back to the dealer i bought it for the same amount of money.. = Free car.

on the 08 LT, i paid $14,500 for it new with all the rebates, i put 89K miles on it and traded it in on the 12, They gave $8500 for it. thats a $6K loss in 89K miles or by months. $125.00 a month or $.14 cents a mile. Only items i had to replace where tires, for $350.

I have two kids, so a ZR-1 is pointless, and i already have a 67 vette.. It only get 500 miles a year if that put on it so buying a new vette would do nothing for me. She has a 2011 denali, and then we still have the old faithful 01 suburban that turbocharged and beat to death.. I guess the kids will drive when they trun 16 lol. I dont know anyone looking to buy a 800 hp suv that gets 5 mpg.

I do like the SHO, Im not sure what i looked at last week but it was like $53K for it.. I guess it was a limited? I was there with a friend who was pickung up a Shelby GT500

I also like the chargers, SRT-8' but i kinda like the "sleeper" look of the big 300. Thats just a sexy sedan!

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
KERR, I just checked my resources and I do see that the all-new Impala is currently scheduled to go sale in early 2013. So, I would recommend checking in with your dealership about ordering information, estimates, etc.! You may also want to stay tuned to Chevrolet News - United States - Impala for updated 2014 information. I see they already have preliminary specifications listed!

I'm just a private message away if you would like me to check my own resources for updates in the future.

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Did you just say you were going to let your 16 year old kids drive an 800hp suburban?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Did you just say you were going to let your 16 year old kids drive an 800hp suburban?
Post pic for Tony on their first burn out :giggle:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL.. i did but im sure it will in the junk yard by then.. he is only 6.

and yes it will do a good burnout to be 9,000 lbs.. its a 2500 with the 8.1L
(496ci) it just doenst like to pass a gas station.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yeah, that would be a death sentence for him, and everyone else on the road...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts