Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went past 128,000 miles and was wondering how many miles is too many and should start looking for a new car. Everything seems fine with it right now, it was having trouble starting and had a rough idle and we replaced the fuel pressure regulator and that fixed it, and i had all the tires aligned and it has two new tires on the front and i change the oil around 3000 miles, most of the time its just over 3000 miles. Do you know what else i should do to keep it running?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
My 97 van has over 333K and counting. That is with one transmission rebuild and many parts replaced. I have a friend whom has a 98 Ford F150 with over 325K miles on it with the original engine and tranny. A GM truck did go over 1 million miles with the original engine.

Proper maintenance and good driving habits and these cars will go over 200K easily and most likely it could go over 300K miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 3.4L and im over 200k an the engine still runs great i change my oil every 3000 miles aswell. my original tranny went out on me right b4 i got to 200,000 miles. i think i was at like 196,000 and some change when it went out. so just take care of it and it should last you a good while.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Now adays, GM is making some long lasting drive-trains. just keep up with the oil changes, change out trans fluid every 40k, keep up with all the inessential fluids, and your car engine will last up to 600k or more........Of coarse, that's only if you love your car long enough to keep it that long.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
If you take good care of it (reg. maintenance) you can run it for a good while. Just take care of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Proper and preventive maintenance goes along way as well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Pushrod....another Explosm reader? I didn't know any others existed... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 3.4L and im over 200k an the engine still runs great i change my oil every 3000 miles aswell. my original tranny went out on me right b4 i got to 200,000 miles. i think i was at like 196,000 and some change when it went out. so just take care of it and it should last you a good while.
Is it still going. Just got 1 w 270k but. Daily driver. Looks new. Dudes from florida but engines clea. No sensors or dash light. Is there anything else I can do to keep it running as long as possible it runs really good tunes.not Like it's just putting down the road I'm driving from Joplin Missouri yesterday to Springfield Missouri doing 80 miles an hour. Smooooth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts