Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...coolant.? 1999 grand am se with v6 engine (GT engine) i think i am leaking the coolant from the freeze plug, it is located on the engine block behind & below the thermostat housing & the water seems to be releasing pressure from the freeze plug area because i added water to it to see where it was bubbling from I couldnt see any bubbling but there is pressure being released & alot of water is on the area of the plug dripping down the front & right side of the eng block. i can hear pressure being released after i shut the engine off & if i open the coolant resivour cap to release pressure it stops coming from the unknown sorce ( freeze plug )

has anyone ever had to replace this ? im prettty sure the previous owner had a overheating problem on the car but said they never drove it in the red zone & had 300$ repair done to the car, but may have added water alone during mid-winter months, could have caused the freeze plug to open. open to any suggestions thank you

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that's not the easiest one to put in that car ,but not the worst either,you,ll have to get all obstacles out of your way so you can drive the new one in good and strait,otherwise its a time consuming job,if it has ever had water run in it that probably helped rot it out,very often people will add water to them instead of anti freeze,good luck with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts