Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I have to replace the whole gauge pod? My tach is WAY off, but moves. Any chance it can be fixed? How much is a gauge pod going for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does it read high or low? If its low push the needle with the car off so it looks like the rpms are climbing after awhile it'll stop moving from there push the amount you need to raise it I only needed to push mine like half an inch after it stopped moving when I did mine. If its reading to high rotate it counter clockwise until it stops and move it the distance you need to. It's pretty trial and error but it's very easy

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ If that doesn't work pick one up from a junkyard. Note: a dealer will have to enter the correct amount if mileage if you are worried about that. So, take note of your mileage before you remove. Yes, the mileage is stored in the cluster.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is about at the 6 o clock position and works. Why did it get out of position in the first place?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The needle just kind of sits on a little shaft. It could have gotten jarred if the tach is fine.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
super glue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts