Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all.

Carfax = 1 owner. Dallas weathered = clean, but haven't seen it in person yet. Being shipped to Ohio.

Grandpa tan color = ugly.

I had a 92 about 13-14 years ago and loved it. Looking forward to having this delivered hopefully this Fri or Sat.

My 92 had the infamous grey trim fall off like all other RMs. Does this happen on the later year models such as this?

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
very nice looking car... I think grandpa tan suits it well

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
My 92 had the infamous grey trim fall off like all other RMs. Does this happen on the later year models such as this?
Yes it does. Now it looks like this one was garaged kept for the headlamps look really clean/new looking. So you may find that this interior is in much better shape. And if that is the case then having the windows tinted will also help in prolonging the life of the interior.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it does. Now it looks like this one was garaged kept for the headlamps look really clean/new looking. So you may find that this interior is in much better shape. And if that is the case then having the windows tinted will also help in prolonging the life of the interior.
Interior is indeed superb. Problem is starting. Seems if i prime the pump 20x it starts no problem. Thinking the fuel pump check valve. Possibly the fuel pressure regulator. Wondering if i can install an inline check valve... Why not eh?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions what it might be? The same thing happened in my 2000 s10 and it was the check valve in my pump. Seems like a similar issue. When it starts, it runs with no issues, good acceleration, etc. if it sits a while, say overnight, the issue resurfaces. If i start it within a few hours, it will start. Seems like it loses its prime in the fuel line. Other thoughts are most welcomed.

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Well maybe my modified setup just gives me a difference result. I know on my car if I have the fuel system open it reprimes with maybe one extra turn of the key but now that I consider it more maybe that is because of the higher volume fuel pump I am running. It would prime the system much easier than a stock pump.

I would look at fuel filter and wiring connections first, the wiring connections could simply be a little corroded from sitting so much. The fuel pump grounds in the trunk on the vertical trunk lid support.

A fuel pump is not that expensive and they are pretty easy on these cars(if the tank is near empty) so if you decide to pursue the check valve theory I would do the pump as I think it will be a LOT easier than trying to add a checkvalve inline somewhere on the nylon lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks Dwayne. The filter--according to carfax--was changed in 2009 at 30k but that doesn't mean a thing if dirt was introduced in some fashion. Wow i just noticed... 10k in 3 years 2009-2012. I just turned 40k yesterday.
I will admit that even when my s10 valve went female, it only took about 3 or 4 primes to get it running. 20x does seem excessive in comparison but it does work and acts the exact same way other than the number of primes.
Got the wiper pump motor working today.. Also noticed a metal noise in slow reverse. Like a deep metal on metal clicking noise. Like a loud thunk thunk.. Rut row.. Hope its just brakes but i suspect oTherwise.
All the more reason for that posi, right? Hehe!

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Awesome! I would not mind seeing a few pictures of the interior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts