Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody please help. i know of the grommet on the driver side up on the top of the dash, but i cant find out where it comes out. if some one knows where one would be or where that grommet comes out. i took of the plates underneath the steering wheel but still didnt find anything. my bro-inlaw says that his buddy found a (kind of) a volt box under the dash somewhere in his and just hooked it up. but we lost his number. so any suggestions i would appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
You could drill a hole where it would be convenient and install a new grommet and push the wire through. Be careful that the place you choose will not interfere with the inside or under the hood, you do not want to be close to any exhaust or moving parts.

If you know where the inside fuse box is then you tie in to it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i would def drill a whole plus the gauge wire u should use ( around 0 for any real system ) might be to big to fit thru the grommet and u dont want to pull any wires loose in the process yes make sure u know where ur holes coming out at :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
He should be able to find a grommet at the local auto parts store or an electrical/electronic store to fit the wire. I bought a box of different sized ones to use in the field for less than $12.00.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
He should be able to find a grommet at the local auto parts store or an electrical/electronic store to fit the wire. I bought a box of different sized ones to use in the field for less than $12.00.
i meant if he had found a grommet / hole that already went thru there might not be enough room to squeeze it thru ive had this problenm when installing systems:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks but in the new impalas there is no engine room and u can almost not even get to the bottom of the firewall. its cramed in there. is there anybody that have done one in these know anymore ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
If you know where the inside fuse box is then you tie in to it.
Have you tried this idea? You have a fuse box in the car either under or on one end of the dash. There is a main hot wire that comes into it and you should be able to tap into that wire for the amp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rca outs and sub outs

are there any rca and sub outs on the factory in dash unit i could hook up 1 amp to 4 speakers and 1 amp to sub box im not sure if it had the bose unit or not it does have a sunroof and leather i dont remember seeing bose but didnt really look

·
Registered
913 Posts
Factory dash unit doesn't have rca's but you can always put an rca adapter in if youre not planning on changing the head unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts