Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...front is kinda crunched but idk The front is fairly crunched but peeking under the hood, everything inside appears fine. I think that the impact never pushed anything farther into the car than it just being a "cosmetic" collision. The thing that I'm worried about is the frame but, being a suburban, the bumper hit high on my car and I'm hoping that the frame was unaffected. Please, please help! Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
take it to a collision shop and get a quote, then go on Kelly Blue Book and look up the value of your car. If the KBB value is less than the cost of repairs, then it's technically totaled. Heres the catch, if you didn't get the insurance companies involved and you have access to a good junk yard, you can get the parts for alot cheaper and you can do the repairs yourself or have someone help you. you can fix the car for probably about 200-300 dollars and it wouldn't be a "salvage" title. Now, keep in mind that this is probably illegal because it won't show up on Carfax.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It depends on how it is driving ...if the car is shaking then the front end is messed up..

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
take it to a collision shop and get a quote, then go on Kelly Blue Book and look up the value of your car. If the KBB value is less than the cost of repairs, then it's technically totaled. Heres the catch, if you didn't get the insurance companies involved and you have access to a good junk yard, you can get the parts for alot cheaper and you can do the repairs yourself or have someone help you. you can fix the car for probably about 200-300 dollars and it wouldn't be a "salvage" title. Now, keep in mind that this is probably illegal because it won't show up on Carfax.
What does carfax have to do with being legal ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
What does carfax have to do with being legal ?
Carfax is a private website, has no legal bearing whatsoever. It is not illegal to fix your own car, and there is no law that states accidents have to be disclosed. The only reason they ever would be disclosed is if an insurance claim is filed.

FYI, "totaled" is an artificial concept created by the insurance industry, and has absolutely nothing to whether or not the car can be fixed. If there's no insurance involved, a car cannot be totaled. Other people's ins. companies are very reluctant to total cars that are not their insured's. Either way, do NOT let them pay the shop directly, get a check written directly to you, and fix it yourself or get a shop to do it cheap. pocket the difference.
or just drive it that wat it is, and pocket all the cash. as long as it has headlights and a bumper, you're fine to drive it legally. if it drives bad, well then you might have other problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dave,

The sun will even shine on a dog's ass once in a while :rolleyes: .............. :tongue:

KW
I know, but c'mon... do people actually believe that "totaled" is like a physical state of being?? :confused: It's a car! if it hasn't been vaporized, most likely, it can be fixed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts