Impala Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all!

Awesome thread. My name is Jonathan and I own a 2012 impala lt. If any of you have Instagram, follow my build/page @1sick_12impala. I bought the car when I was 18 ( 3 years ago almost) at roughly 65k miles. She now has just shy of 91k miles on her. Since I’ve had the car I’ve:
-replaced about 13 actuators
-had the water pump go out and replaced that myself
-replaced the motor mount (was shot)
-I do oil changes every 3k miles
-did a full tune up from the miles 80-90k by full tune up I mean I’ve replaced the spark plugs, flushed all fluids (including tranny) and replaced them all
-I have an exceptional amount of after market pieces on the car. I’ve driven her to California and back roughly about 13 hours with no issues.

I definitely feel the difference between when I first had my car and now. Doesn’t seem to be as quick and throttle response isn’t the same anymore. Granted I’ve probably beat the crap out of it. I do have a dog whistle type noise when the cars about to upshift though. Goes away when it shifts and comes back right before the next gear.

Thanks for the thread again! If any of you know what that whistle noise is please let me know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine has been alright. Purchased at 24K and now have 154K on it. Tuned it shortly after I purchased it and did some suspension upgrades including thicker sway bars, kyb quick struts and strut tower braces. Improved handling exponentially.

As far as required maintenance I've used full synthetic oils usually Mobil 1 or Pennzoil platinum and AC Delco filter. I've replaced all the wheel bearings, brakes and rotors. The front wheel bearings definitely don't last forever. Changed the transmission fluid at 100k. Also replaced vent canister and purge valve. Had codes for both. I drive 40 miles to and from work everyday and also do Uber so I think I've put the car through it's paces and I honestly can't complain about reliability. Also just replaced the windshield washer motor it crapped out the other week. Super easy to change out.

On another note a good set of tires and it does great in the snow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought my 2014 ltz 2 years at 80,000 miles at 112,000 now and still strong. I have had to replace and do maintenance on small things like brakes, rotors abs sensors, wheel hubs. Had e vap system problems solved those (gas cap). Waiting on ZZP drop in KYB AGX struts that come with lowering springs. I almost got coilovers. I just didnt want to adjust the height. I want to drop 2 in front and 1 1/2 in rear which zzp claims they do. I will add pics soon enough of my smaller mods. I will introduce Black Betty to the forum this weekend. Glad this is here it has helped me not put car in shop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bought My 2013 LT in October 2017 with 49k miles on it. About to hit 79k. Also installed the trifecta tune this past weekend.

Holy guacamole what a difference! I should have bought it much sooner. :D

41 - 44 of 44 Posts