Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
how is the gas on a ss impala.. - how is it mechniclly? any problems? what is the gm warranty on new vehicles?
I just bought an '08 SS. Slightly used with 10k miles; the driver info system shows that the previous owner averaged 18.8 mpg. I researched all your same questions before buying; got info from the GM/Chevy site as well as doing searches for ratings. I also checked Car and Driver's site and Consumer Reports. Overall most 'ratings' for the SS actually kind of suck. I wasn't surprised. I'd had a 2004 LS several years ago, and ratings for it were poor for performance, comfort and styling. And yet, many people simply love Impalas. I guess I'm one of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
welcome!

Todd, mpg sounds low, could be heavy city driving, or just a heavy foot ;)
Well I'm hoping it does a little better mpg under my ownership; I had to pull quite the sales ploy on my wife who really wanted me to go with a 3.9L--I didn't discover that the car had the average mpg stored away until well after we had it home.

·
Registered
36 Posts
mpg

I am averaging 19.2 after eight months of driving 80% on the highway. When I first bought the car it was at 18 mpg I guess I should have reset it. I have not had any problems with the car. I drive it every day about 180 miles a week. My wife and I love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I made a case to the wife that "overall" we'd be able to average around 20 mpg. I'll try that reset--course she still doesn't know what the average was--and I guess I may never tell her at this point how it goes in the future either:smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.