Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 95 Impala SS. When its hot out (90+degrees) my Impala begins to studder under even moderate acceleration. If I press on it too much, the car will simply die. I checked the schrader valve and i seem to have fuel pressure, so im guessing its something electrical. I replaced the Optispark, plugs and wires, so I'm not sure what to check next. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Check your fuel pressure with a gauge. There are a few things that act-up between cold & hot...O2's, ECT, ICM.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Gregg-O, would a bad reading from the MAF cause this as well?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I don't know for sure....I would think the MAF would act-up at any temp, or is it not functioning until a certain temp?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
The MAF (or MAP), O2's (maybe others) do not come on line until the ECT reads that the engine is in the normal operating temperature range. Once the engine reaches that tempature then the PCM (engine computer) receives proper input from all sensors then it goes into Closed Loop and uses those readings to control the engine.

On some Dodge Magnum Series engines I have seen where a bad MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor would read wrong when the ambient temperature reached 90's to 100's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts