Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking for a company that produces a carbon fiber ram air hood scoop for my 05 impala. Does anyone know of anyone who produces them?

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
I'd post the one I'm gonna get, but I don't want everyone else getting them before I do :giggle:. It usually happens, and is just my luck that they'd be sold out before I get one.

But I will post it and where/who I got it from once I have it. They show it on the 06-08 Monte Carlo SS, so it gives you the idea as to how it'd look on the Impala. and let's just say it's like this - :eek:k3:

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
It also comes with the needed hardware to be able to bolt it on instead of/in addition to the tape... But I've never been a fan of putting holes in the hood for obvious reasons, so the tape-on function works good for me.

Plus, it's the cheap alternative to the $800 hood - which IS sweet I will admit. Maybe one of these days, in a few years (and if it's not discontinued by then:giggle:!!!)

EDIT: I will say this though, with either the hood scoop or the actual hood with the body kit in the pics below, :eek:k3::eek:k3:!!

Attachments

Reactions: tonyc712000

·
Registered
848 Posts
It also comes with the needed hardware to be able to bolt it on instead of/in addition to the tape... But I've never been a fan of putting holes in the hood for obvious reasons, so the tape-on function works good for me.

Plus, it's the cheap alternative to the $800 hood - which IS sweet I will admit. Maybe one of these days, in a few years (and if it's not discontinued by then:giggle:!!!)

EDIT: I will say this though, with either the hood scoop or the actual hood with the body kit in the pics below, :eek:k3::eek:k3:!!
:cool:

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts

Wow, a body kit that I actually like...

Probably because it's not loaded with tons of unnecessary curves or scoops or indentations or faux intakes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts