Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three times in the summer the check engine light came on after it rained. So I looked under the hood and the battery had water on it. Twice I've already had to replace the battery in my 2010 Impala, both times it tripped the anti-theft alarm system later that night.

The repair shop I took it to, said they've had some others with similar problems and told me it looks like a design flaw in the Impalas. Two fuses were rusted and had to be replaced.

My car is working fine now and my car only sits out at work. If there's any precipitation in the forecast I cover the hood of my car at work.
Has anyone else had similar problems? Is there any known hood leaks?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Leaking hood isn't the problem, the engine compartment will get wet from underneath anyway. Rusty fuses though? Not something I have seen, perhaps the cover was not on the fuse block correctly?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Impala10LT, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration leading up to the resolution. I'll be sure to document your feedback, however, where GM teams can view it. And if you have lingering concerns, I'm just a private message away!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts