Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on you tube tha past couple of weeks and been searching under 2008 ss impala.a lot of videos pop up but a few have gotten my attention.now has any 1 put a 3 in down pipe on a newer impala and wat kind of improvements have they felt with this upgrade?they also run a k&n cold air intake and on a quater mile running in the low and mid 14's...any 1 have any answers on this,please help...thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been on you tube tha past couple of weeks and been searching under 2008 ss impala.a lot of videos pop up but a few have gotten my attention.now has any 1 put a 3 in down pipe on a newer impala and wat kind of improvements have they felt with this upgrade?they also run a k&n cold air intake and on a quater mile running in the low and mid 14's...any 1 have any answers on this,please help...thanks
NO REPILES ON THESE THREAD???WELL THIS WAS MY OLD PROFILE,GOT A NEW 1 WIT PICS NOW...IF ANY BODY CAN ANSWER SEND ME A MESSAGE THANKS...:confused:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Your IMP will run mid to low 14's stock. I know a few people that have put the hogan downpipe on and they say they can "FEEL" the difference but I haven't seen any dyno proof of performance gains. Get you a descent set of drag radials and you'll be low 14's high 13's stock. I ran a 14.3 1/4mile all stock with the stock BFG Eagle RSA's and that's only cause I'm not 100% on racing my car. I've never had a FWD with this kind of power so I'm learning how to race it on the strip.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your IMP will run mid to low 14's stock. I know a few people that have put the hogan downpipe on and they say they can "FEEL" the difference but I haven't seen any dyno proof of performance gains. Get you a descent set of drag radials and you'll be low 14's high 13's stock. I ran a 14.3 1/4mile all stock with the stock BFG Eagle RSA's and that's only cause I'm not 100% on racing my car. I've never had a FWD with this kind of power so I'm learning how to race it on the strip.

Dats wat I thought,for bein stock and gettin in 14's ain't bad...have not hit the track wit my ride yet but plann on it soon...know wat u mean wit da front wheel drive and so much power its a weird feelin,but kinda of gettin used 2 it...thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts