Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my fluid/filter chance on my 08 Impala 3.5. I have read wonderful things about the Trans-go shift kit so I decided to do it. Man am I impressed!!! It shifts like an Impala should, not like something granny drives to church every Sunday lol. Just thought I'd share my opinion on it incase anybody is debating on installing it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I worked at Fairbanks Transmissions along with other transmission places that dealt with little shops like Lee Miles and AAmco. I used a shift kit and yes it makes a big difference in the valve body with the pressure switch. I recently a 2k Impala and did almost everything I could to it including filter and gasket. I do not like the hesitation between first and second. I may consider this. might be the fix.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I installed one of these shift kits on my 02 LS (4T65E trans, also used in the 8th gens until 2011 or so until the 6 speed box?) and scuffed the accumulator bores to fix the P1811 "hard shift" issue I had. The kit firmed up the shifts - when below freezing it had a bit of bite, on a hot summers day it was towards mushy again, but still a nice improvement overall. I later got an Overkill tune, and its perfectly temperature compensated along with the other improvements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts