Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first time posting, looking for some answers. Essentially I have a car that as a fair amount of mods and will not go into closed loop. The car has a posi rear end and a high stall torque converter. Unfortunately I know very little about them. First issue I have is if I don't stomp on the gas, the car will stall. So my first question is, if I don't give it enough gas, will the high stall torque converter make the car die out?

If I don't press the gas hard enough, the car will have a tendency to die out. That being said, it doesn't just tie, it slowly dies out. Once I feel it start to go, if I hit the gas again, it will continue to run strong. Once I have back the car back into the garage and lay off the gas, it will run idle normally again.

Little more insight, I removed the EGR due to the mild cam it self EGR's. I installed block off plates, and turned the EGR off in the PCM. I installed new plugs and wires. New exhaust on the car, headers down to mids and muffs. Still need to do over axles and such.

Essentially if you have any info on PCM, open and closed loop, EGR involvement in the PCM going from open to closed loop, torque converters or reasons for a stall, please let me know!

Thanks,

Josh

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
A high stall converter will have nothing to do with the engine stalling out, worst it could do would be cause some light surging when coasting or stopped.

Did the stalling start when the mods were done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner installed the mods and drove the car as a daily with the mods. He moved out west and left the car here, it sat for a year before I picked it up, then it sat in my garage for two while I slowly brought it back to life.

·
That Guy!!
1,424 Posts
Change your fuel filter and clean or replace your injectors. They prob just got dirty.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Year, engine,...blah blah.....More info we have , the better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts