Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard an automotive podcast that was discussing high beams in general. They made it sound like high beam usage is a normal thing for most drivers. Out of curiosity, I got on here and was surprised to see hundreds of threads about high beams. I have to admit that I can go years without ever thinking about my high beams, let alone using them. Maybe it is just because I never really find myself driving at night in the middle of nowhere with no other cars around. Am I just a bad driver? Or am I supposed to be a jack-wagon and blind everyone else on the road with my high beams?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Yeah it totally depends on where you are driving. If you always drive in the city with other traffic, then yes, you wouldn’t use them.
I never turn my brights on if I can see the headlights of any other cars coming towards me.
On the highway I would only use them if there was no traffic coming, usually in the middle of the night, then it’s a game of turning them on and off depending on the amount of other cars coming.
My .02

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live in a rural area and use my high beams all the time. I like to have lots of advance warning of critters entering the roadway.

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
I live in a town with a higher population. A lot of people have their high beams on and do not turn them off even while in traffic. I never use mine unless it's an empty road. I always flash them, and if they don't turn theirs off, I turn mine back on and leave them on until they pass me. It's just what I do. Give them a dose of their own crap....

·
Registered
20 Posts
It’s amazing how many people forget that they have their high beams on when driving around town or on the high way. I’m always conscious of my headlights, just for the safety of myself and others. Its really annoying having some idiot behind you on the road with his high beams on, especially on the highway. The thought has always crossed my mind to slow down, get behind them, and throw my high beams on.

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
It’s amazing how many people forget that they have their high beams on when driving around town or on the high way. I’m always conscious of my headlights, just for the safety of myself and others. Its really annoying having some idiot behind you on the road with his high beams on, especially on the highway. The thought has always crossed my mind to slow down, get behind them, and throw my high beams on.
I have done this on the highwy before. The idiot either ignored me or was too stupid to know what I was trying to tell them. It's a waste of time, mostly. I have always wanted to mount a small LED light in my rear window to flash at idiots on the highway with their high beams on. Especially when it is clear out...

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I have always wanted to mount a small LED light in my rear window to flash at idiots on the highway with their high beams on.
Small? A small LED?

I want some aircraft landing lights, only slightly dimmer than the sun, gimbaled with servo gear, preferably with sensors and auto-tracking control !

:D :D :D

[Edit]And another set just like them mounted in front :D

Doug

·
Super Moderator
18,454 Posts
LMAO!! OK....you're right! :LOL:

Small? A small LED?

I want some aircraft landing lights, only slightly dimmer than the sun, gimbaled with servo gear, preferably with sensors and auto-tracking control !

:D :D :D

[Edit]And another set just like them mounted in front :D

Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts