1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cluster lit up like a Christmas tree.

Getting High beam out, Low tire message
also the automatic headlights are running

Filled up the tires since they were a little on the low side.

OK
High beam out message went away after filling up the tires

but still getting Low tire message and the other day ABS & traction control light came on saying to service it. (went away)

:gaah:

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing this frustration, Anonymous! What model year Impala do you own? I'm available via private message if you would like me to check my resources for any recalls, etc., that may be applicable on your Impala!

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Low tire pressure will throw an ABS and TCS light because abs/TSC go hand in hand and because the tire is low the rotation is changed and turns off the ABS because something isn't right.

The headlight issue, no idea.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Low tire pressure will throw an ABS and TCS light because abs/TSC go hand in hand and because the tire is low the rotation is changed and turns off the ABS because something isn't right.

The headlight issue, no idea.
going to have it taken in to get it the two bad motor mounts done I'll see if they could clear out the low tire,

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The tire monitor system on the 7th gens runs off the ABS system, it monitors tire levels by rotation, if one tire is rotating more than the others, it figures its low on air. Are all your tires the same brand and size?

For the headlight warning, it could be a bulb starting to go bad. The connection can get weak, the bulb will still work for now, but the resistance may have changed.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
two front tires are matching pairs
rear driver is of the same brand (front tires are discounted model but they share a very similar tried)
rear passenger is of unknown brand.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Different brand tires shouldn't make a difference. I have 2 different brands on now and when I got it, it had 3 different brands. I assume you reset the low pressure warning via the radio after filling them? The 7th gens do indeed use the abs/trac system to determine whether tire pressure is low or not. So, a slow leak sometime's wont trigger the low pressure warning and when you fill them and take it for a ride then, the light will come on as the abs system notices a difference in rotation. It sounds crazy but, it can happen.

As for the headlight issue: Check bulbs and wiring. Also, I recommend cleaning up or replacing the eyelet connector for the headlight ground (on crossmember by left headlight).

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Different brand tires shouldn't make a difference. I have 2 different brands on now and when I got it, it had 3 different brands. I assume you reset the low pressure warning via the radio after filling them? The 7th gens do indeed use the abs/trac system to determine whether tire pressure is low or not. So, a slow leak sometime's wont trigger the low pressure warning and when you fill them and take it for a ride then, the light will come on as the abs system notices a difference in rotation. It sounds crazy but, it can happen.

As for the headlight issue: Check bulbs and wiring. Also, I recommend cleaning up or replacing the eyelet connector for the headlight ground (on crossmember by left headlight).
I think there maybe a issue with the driver side front rotor

feel some what a Pulse from it

I think may have been damaged since the tire was removed many many times when getting the transmission serviced

I can only feel it when traction control is enabled. Not sure if that is normal.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I think there maybe a issue with the driver side front rotor

feel some what a Pulse from it

I think may have been damaged since the tire was removed many many times when getting the transmission serviced

I can only feel it when traction control is enabled. Not sure if that is normal.
No that is not normal. If you feel a pulse in the front end from what u think is rotors only during abs kicking in it is likely an abs module issue. Sorry to be the bear of bad news but, I would be willing to bet your abs module or pump is failing. This is a common issue on these impala's. Most of the time the abs module fails because of the ignition switch sending spikes of voltage to the pump. Is your abs working properly?

Read my thread: http://www.impalaforums.com/mechani...onte-carlo-grand-prix-owners-please-read.html

Do you have any of these issues?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Don't scare him... Feeling a pulse when TC is enabled is normal. Just like a pulse when abs kicks in. Fear mongering won't help in this situation.

Side note: a pulsing rotor during breaking wont disable your abs (an abs light disables your abs completely) or give you a code for low tire pressure.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Don't scare him... Feeling a pulse when TC is enabled is normal. Just like a pulse when abs kicks in. Fear mongering won't help in this situation.

Side note: a pulsing rotor during breaking wont disable your abs (an abs light disables your abs completely) or give you a code for low tire pressure.
He stated in the original post he has an abs and service trac lights on. Therefor his abs should be disabled or atleast failing. Then he said he has pulsing during trac which, makes me believe the abs module is trying to work but, is having issues.

Might sound stupid but, check your brake fluid level

To OP: I would jack the car up, take all wheels off, remove all abs clips from the hubs. Grab a voltmeter and test voltage going to each sensor (should be 5v) with key on of course. Then test resistance (ohms) of all the abs sensors. Should be around 900-1200. If they all check out, place a dot of dielectric grease on each post and reconnect all cables.

If nothing changes bring it to a dealer and have it scanned. Also have the dealer test the ignition switch. A failing ignition switch can cause weird/crazy electrical issues.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I reset the tire monitoring system seems ok now
Do you still have an abs and service trac light on? If not, then it was just low tire pressure setting it off. Although, I have never experienced or heard of that happening.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Low tire sensor will definitely throw abs and tc as well. If abs reads a tire is very low (and that's how it works on a 7th gen) it will kill your abs and tc (they are the same system) and throw codes for them. Fill the tire, reset the reading and BOOM problem with abs goes away.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Also, fwiw, different brands of tires can indeed be different sizes despite labeling. I had the tire monitoring issue on a 2002 LS because of it, new tires, no more problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts