Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend just got an 08 Impala and wants to add some HIDS to the car im going with DDM Tuning for the Impala do I need a Canbus Harness does the lights flicker at all without one or is it a simple straight forward install with just the bulbs and ballast and im going to run a wire harness?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
idk about that particular kit but on my 2010 it was plug in the existing wire harness to the box supplied in the kit then run a ground cable (make sure it's a solid ground as it can take out the coverter box, personal experience :p). on my kit i did have to drill a hole through the dust covers on the headlight bucket to run the wires through it. black silicone took care of the gaps after the wires were through it and the rubber grommet was in place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have in the past in my previous 2 cars but i have problems with them some form or fashion. i been rockin led for the past 3 years with no problems.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
LED compared HID is terrible. HID is still lightbounds ahead of LED. Even tho both with suck and be blinding due to being used in a reflector rather then a proper projector like they are made for. The optics are completely different, but I understand that not everyone is interested in a retrofit or can't afford them. I will say I used to run the reflector but have since gone to a retrofit. I will say this tho, even the best of the best for Plug N Play LED's are nowhere near as good as HID's. So take my word for it, don't go cheap with DDM, ive had nothing but issues with them. Go morimoto like I did and haven't had a single issue. I got a coupon too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts