Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good HID projectors without any halos or leds (Stock looking)

If I wanted a car with "halos or leds " I would have gotten a BMW or audi.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
1. You can either disconnect/cut the Halos or/and the L.E.D's wires,
2. Open the headlights and use black calipers brake paint and paint the Halos or/and the L.E.D's,
3. Retrofit them,
4. Deal with them,
5. Keep the stock ones :)

Reactions: kevin

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

And cut halo wires

or

Stick with STOCK

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Try a retrofit :eek:k3:

I know everyone ses its nearly impossible, but it can be done if a person would try.

I may do it with my stock set.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
The stock headlamps cannot be opened without damaging them.. there's a guy on here that bought aftermarket stock-look-alikes and he sent them into HID Planet and they retrofitted a projector in there..

Breaking into the OEMs have been tried and failed numerous times

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Nothing is impossible, just because some have failed doesn't mean everyone will.

·
658 Posts
Nothing is impossible, just because some have failed doesn't mean everyone will.
I never said impossible, just that many have tried with no luck. The only impossible part is to take the OEM lenses apart from the housing with out FUBARing them.

By all means, give it a try, but research a lot so you don't make the mistakes that the others have tried

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
The stock headlamps cannot be opened without damaging them.. there's a guy on here that bought aftermarket stock-look-alikes and he sent them into HID Planet and they retrofitted a projector in there..

Breaking into the OEMs have been tried and failed numerous times
You basically said impossible, brah.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
658 Posts
I was just trying to help others understand and to learn from others mistakes, but to his own learning experience, I guess... that $1,200 included 2 sets of headlamps, the tools and materials he used to try to retrofit his OE stockers, if he had to do it again and learned from his mistakes, that price would be considerably lower.. all you need is some aftermarket stock looking headlamps, a set of projectors and the money to send them in to get retrofitted, price still might be shy of $600 which is still way more than I would want to spend, but if you have the engineering skills and felt comfortable doing them yourselves, you may save yourself $200+

Basically isn't entirely there, bra.. if that's how you treat someone that's trying to help you save money then you've got some issues... for the sake of reading my replies once more, I'm only saying that its been tried over and over again, by many different experiences, by using different tools an different heat settings and different chemicals.. like I told the exact same thing to the other member who spent the $1,200, if you find a way to seperate the OE stock lenses from the lamps, I will be the first guy at the door to copy the process.. even though I have modded the hell out of my CCFLs, I would take it all apart in a heartbeat and put my work into my stockers just because I love the look of the OEM compared to the aftermarkets... end rant

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
That's understandable man. I was just gonna attempt to open them up since mine are factory from 2002. I figure the bond has weathered, and could possibly be opened. I have my projectors if I screw them up so no loss.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts